Orlando is a great place to visit as a holiday destination and one which offers a lot of family fun too. Of course one of the biggest draws for many people is the theme parks, and there is more than one here in Orlando. There is Walt Disney World, but also Sea World Orlando and Universal Orlando Resort too.
Universal Orlando Resort is more than just a theme park, in fact, there are two theme parks here – Universal Studios Florida, and Universal Islands of Adventure theme park and you can get Universal Studios Orlando Tickets and Disney tickets for very reasonable prices.
- Universal Studios Florida offers the chance to go behind the scenes and enjoy the action of some of your favourite Universal Studios films. This is a working film and TV production facility, and you’ll find not just rides and shows here, but also movie sets and you might even catch a real film crew in action on the backlot.
- Universal Islands of Adventure Theme Park is home to epic adventure and thrills where cutting edge rides, shows and attractions help bring stories, myths, cartoons and tales to life. The streets of Marvel Super Hero Island are filled with battles between good and evil, while Toon Lagoon has lots of cartoon water rides. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is one of the biggest attractions here, and once you pass through the Hogwarts castle gates you can explore passageways, classrooms and corridors. You can visit Hogsmeade and dine at the Three Broomsticks, as well as experiencing rides such as Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
Disney World is home to four theme parks and two water parks, and there is plenty to occupy and entertain every visitor young or old.
- Magic Kingdom is home to many of the most beloved Disney Characters and is designed like a wheel with a hub and pathways like spokes out across the 107 acres of the Magic Kingdom where you’ll find 6 lands: Mainstreet USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
- Epcot is twice the size of Magic Kingdom and is divided into Future World and World Showcase. Future World is where you’ll find all the really sensational attractions, while in World Showcase there are pavilions representing the countries of the world including attractions, shops, restaurants and more.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park is Walt Disney’s dedication to nature and conservation. There are more than 1,700 animals from over 250 species here, and it is the largest animal themed park in the world.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers glimpses of Hollywood action with live shows, attractions, backstage tours and all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon features attractions such as waterslides, surf pool, shark reef, and lots more thrilling watery adventure.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach features one of the tallest and fastest waterslides in the world. There’s snow castle fountain play area, toboggan racers, and the Summit Plummit to explore. It may look like a frosty ski resort, but there’s plenty of sunshine here.